Power Take Off Installation
Basic PTO Installation Guide
OPERATIONAL SAFETY CHECKS
- Locate and ensure you are familiar with all machine operations and controls
- Ensure all guards are fitted, secure and functional. Do not operate if guards are missing or faulty.
- Start the engine only from the operator’s seat. Never start engine while standing on the ground.
- Before starting the engine, ensure all levers are in their neutral positions, the parking brake is engaged, and the clutch and PTO are disengaged.
- Ensure the clutch pedal is fully depressed to stop the tractor movement and any PTO-driven equipment movement before shifting the PTO gearshift lever.
- Operate the PTO from the lower speed unless the operator’s manual specifically recommends the higher speed is safe
- When operating stationary PTO-powered equipment always apply the tractor parking brake, place chocks behind and in front of rear wheels, and stay well clear of all rotating parts.
- Keep all bystanders away from PTO-powered equipment.